On December 6, 2011, Siemens closed its acquisition of Vistagy, Inc., a leading supplier of specialized engineering software and services with emphasis on designing and manufacturing structures made of advanced composite materials. The Vistagy workforce and product line will now become a business segment within the Siemens PLM Software business unit and will continue to provide the same level of support and expertise that the customer base has come to expect.
“This is the start of an exciting new chapter for Vistagy and Siemens; one that will benefit both our customers and the global PLM industry,” said Steve Luby, president and CEO, Vistagy, Inc. “Our solutions are a perfect complement to the Siemens PLM Software product line and with the talent and resources of Siemens behind us, we look forward to further enhancing the value we have been delivering to customers for the past 20 years.”
With their unique combination of low-weight, high-strength, and remarkable durability, composite structures are already used extensively in the aerospace and wind power industries, and their use is growing rapidly in other industries such as automotive and marine. Siemens is among the technology leaders in the automation of production lines for carbon fiber components, and with the acquisition of Vistagy, becomes the world’s only company with software tools that support the whole value creation process for these components – from product definition and development to manufacturing and service.
“We welcome the Vistagy team and all Vistagy customers to the Siemens PLM Software family,” said Chuck Grindstaff, president and CEO, Siemens PLM Software. “The Vistagy product line is an excellent complement to our existing product family and includes a variety of open software solutions that operate seamlessly on a mix of IT and CAD platforms. In addition to composites engineering, the Vistagy product family includes applications for the complete development and quality planning of aerostructures, airframe design and assembly, and the design and manufacture of seating systems and interior components. We are delighted to now begin the important tasks of ensuring a smooth transition for Vistagy employees and customers into our organization, and completing the seamless integration of Vistagy software and services into our comprehensive suite of PLM offerings.”
For more information about the Vistagy acquisition and product line, please visit www.siemens.com/plm/vistagy.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel