PTC Solution to be Cloud Hosted.
PTC® (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, today announced that Tommy Bahama, the lifestyle clothing company that defines elegant island living, has selected PTC FlexPLM® Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software for its ability to improve operational efficiencies by enabling seamless supply chain collaboration. Such collaboration and efficiency will allow Tommy Bahama to achieve reduced product development cycle time and further grow its global business.
Since it began almost 20 years ago, Tommy Bahama has been helping consumers "make life one long weekend" with its unique approach to fashion. The company's collection of products is intended to transport consumers to an island state of mind. Yet, producing items that range from clothing to home furnishings to food is a highly complex process. Added to the inherent challenges of a diverse product line are market challenges that require retailers to adapt to new ways of doing business.
"Changes in the global market, consumer behaviors and mobility have had a major impact on the retail industry. At Tommy Bahama, we have recognized that successfully adapting to those trends requires an optimized supply chain," said Doug Wood, President and COO of the Tommy Bahama Group. "PTC FlexPLM offers the breadth and depth of PLM functionality we need to enhance product visibility throughout the design and merchandising processes - and ultimately increase the efficiency of our supply chain."
PTC's Windchill-based enterprise PLM solution for the Retail and Consumer industries is designed to address both industry-specific challenges and everyday business pressures. It offers a high-performance, Web-based platform that provides line planning, specification management, merchandizing, and other essential PLM capabilities for managing the complete product lifecycle.
For Tommy Bahama, PTC has partnered with NetIDEAS to deliver FlexPLM as a cloud hosted solution. A long-time PTC partner, NetIDEAS has been hosting Windchill on demand for over a decade.
"Today the retail industry is undergoing a major evolution highlighted by the need to improve operational efficiencies across the supply chain," said Beth Borland, Director of Retail and Consumer Market Strategy, PTC. "Tommy Bahama has recognized this shift and the distinct need for more advanced PLM functionality. We are excited they have chosen to work with PTC as a market leading and forward looking company."
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel