Application Automatically Converts New and Modified Files Saved in Aras to a Variety of Formats for Improved Viewing and Global Collaboration.
Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced the availability of the File Converter Framework application for the Aras Innovator® PLM platform developed by Aras certified partner and global systems integrator T-Systems International GmbH. The T-Systems File Converter Framework automatically translates files to a wide range of formats for viewing, collaboration and inclusion in PLM workflows within Aras. The application simplifies the sharing of files across the enterprise and with global supply chain partners, and eliminates the need for costly format-specific software licenses to simply view information.
The server-side File Converter Framework can convert files to one or more designated formats when a file is checked into an Aras vault anywhere in the world. When a new or modified file is saved to Aras, the File Converter Framework performs the conversions and attaches the new files to the defined Item Type, and users can then see the new files, as well as the original file, in Aras. The conversion process can be applied to multiple CAD file types including CATIA and Siemens NX.
The File Converter Framework is easy to set-up, administer and manage, and can also be used to perform and monitor batch file conversions within Aras.
With the File Converter Framework users can:
Convert / check files in Aras and automatically attach the converted (or checked) files to the designated Item Type
Perform custom file handling, such as .DOCX to .PDF, .PPTX to .PDF and .CATPart to .3DXML
Setup new batch conversions such as file conversions and data checking routines
Attach custom events to handle files, such as OnAfterPromote Document
Monitor created files and logfiles within Aras
“T-Systems File Converter Framework is another great example of how an open architecture promotes the rapid introduction of advanced functionality and the continuous expansion of available applications on the Aras PLM platform,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “Capabilities like this simplify global collaboration and drive PLM results for global enterprises.”
The open source version of the File Converter Framework for Aras includes multiple file types such as PDF, HTML and other select formats, and is freely available for download from the Aras Project Site at http://aras.com/plm/001375
Additional capabilities for complex implementations and CAD file types such as CATIA and Siemens NX are available from T-Systems https://servicenet.t-systems.com
Dec 9, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation