Application Automatically Converts New and Modified Files Saved in Aras to a Variety of Formats for Improved Viewing and Global Collaboration.
Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced the availability of the File Converter Framework application for the Aras Innovator® PLM platform developed by Aras certified partner and global systems integrator T-Systems International GmbH. The T-Systems File Converter Framework automatically translates files to a wide range of formats for viewing, collaboration and inclusion in PLM workflows within Aras. The application simplifies the sharing of files across the enterprise and with global supply chain partners, and eliminates the need for costly format-specific software licenses to simply view information.
The server-side File Converter Framework can convert files to one or more designated formats when a file is checked into an Aras vault anywhere in the world. When a new or modified file is saved to Aras, the File Converter Framework performs the conversions and attaches the new files to the defined Item Type, and users can then see the new files, as well as the original file, in Aras. The conversion process can be applied to multiple CAD file types including CATIA and Siemens NX.
The File Converter Framework is easy to set-up, administer and manage, and can also be used to perform and monitor batch file conversions within Aras.
With the File Converter Framework users can:
Convert / check files in Aras and automatically attach the converted (or checked) files to the designated Item Type
Perform custom file handling, such as .DOCX to .PDF, .PPTX to .PDF and .CATPart to .3DXML
Setup new batch conversions such as file conversions and data checking routines
Attach custom events to handle files, such as OnAfterPromote Document
Monitor created files and logfiles within Aras
“T-Systems File Converter Framework is another great example of how an open architecture promotes the rapid introduction of advanced functionality and the continuous expansion of available applications on the Aras PLM platform,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “Capabilities like this simplify global collaboration and drive PLM results for global enterprises.”
The open source version of the File Converter Framework for Aras includes multiple file types such as PDF, HTML and other select formats, and is freely available for download from the Aras Project Site at http://aras.com/plm/001375
Additional capabilities for complex implementations and CAD file types such as CATIA and Siemens NX are available from T-Systems https://servicenet.t-systems.com
Dec 9, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio