WASHINGTON - Siemens is looking for currently enrolled college students to fill over 300 positions in its internship programs across its Energy, Industry, Healthcare and Infrastructure & Cities sectors. Each year, Siemens offers 300 student interns the opportunity to participate in Leadership and Professional Development programs or Technical Training programs. In 2011, 175 of these interns were hired full-time upon graduation.
"Siemens is able to provide a real, hands-on work experience exposing students to some of the brightest technical minds in our industries," said Mike Panigel, Senior Vice President, Human Resources at Siemens Corporation. "While the students gain invaluable experience, mentoring and expertise in high-tech fields that will help them succeed in college and beyond, Siemens gains access to fresh perspectives and a talent pool for the future."
Internship positions are available in a variety of areas, including: Engineering, Research and Development, Finance, Accounting, Marketing and Sales. Most of these positions span the summer months, but a number of internships are also available throughout the year. Siemens is specifically looking for students with education or experience in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) to match well with its portfolio of high-tech products and solutions, including green building design, renewable energy, healthcare and mobility.
Siemens is currently holding recruiting events at college and university campuses across the country. Interested candidates should visit their college or university career center to see if Siemens will be visiting their campus. Interested applicants are encouraged to find more information on internship programs and can also apply online at: http://www.usa.siemens.com/en/jobs_careers/university_recruiting.htm
Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG SI -0.91% , a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, operating in the industry, energy, healthcare, and infrastructure and cities sectors. For more than 160 years, Siemens has built a reputation for leading-edge innovation and the quality of its products, services and solutions. With 360,000 employees in 190 countries, Siemens reported worldwide revenue of approximately $120 billion in fiscal 2011. Siemens in the USA reported revenue of $20 billion and employs approximately 60,000 people throughout all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting