Siemens today announced a contract extension with Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G) (NYSE: PG), that will give P&G global access to a wide spectrum of software from Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, and to Comos, Siemens’ leading global plant engineering software for holistic project assets across the complete lifecycle of an industrial plant and its equipment.
P&G has used Siemens PLM Software’s technology since the 1980s and currently has thousands of users deployed across the enterprise. Comos plant engineering software has been in use at P&G since 2009 and is the premier portfolio for lifecycle engineering for complex industries.
“Innovation is our lifeblood at P&G. I believe Siemens’ robust PLM and Lifecycle Engineering software has helped us secure an engineering competitive advantage to help deliver meaningful innovation to our consumers,” said Irv Kieback, director of engineering in P&G’s Household Care Business Unit. “P&G’s purpose is to touch and improve lives, and Siemens is a key enabler in that endeavor.”
“P&G is an important, long term client for our business and we are very pleased to have the opportunity to continue to work on the next phase of our relationship,” said Andreas Geiss, vice president, Comos industry solutions, Siemens. “Siemens is committed to delivering best-in-class technology to address the growing complexity of the consumer package goods market.”
“We are very proud of our strong relationship with P&G, one of the world’s leading CPG companies,” said Paul Vogel, executive vice president, Sales, Marketing and Service Delivery, Siemens PLM Software. “P&G’s decision to continue our relationship is a testament to Siemens PLM Software’s effort to continue to provide best-in-class industry-based solutions developed using the knowledge and expertise gained from working with the world's leading CPG manufacturers to address core industry issues and to drive innovation and collaboration.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio