Rio De Janeiro, Brazil: AVEVA (LSE:AVV), a leader in engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries, today announced that SETAL (SOG - Óleo e Gás S/A) of Brazil, a leading Latin American EPC, has successfully implemented AVEVA NET following a rigorous assessment period against competitive solutions.
SETAL required an information management tool to enhance the visibility and accuracy of production and construction. AVEVA NET met its business and technical objectives, saving time and money. The implementation, which was both on schedule and within budget, will be used initially within Petrobras projects in South America.
One key reason for selecting AVEVA NET was its open approach to technology integration. The SETAL new deployment integrates a number of different solutions, including AVEVA Diagrams and AVEVA PDMS, applications from other vendors and in-house engineering design solutions. During assessment, SETAL visited other Brazilian companies to compare available solutions. They were very impressed with feedback on AVEVA NET from previous implementations.
“For SETAL, AVEVA NET was the right choice. It was implemented quickly, efficiently and according to our exact requirements. The AVEVA implementation team were very proactive”, said Rodrigo Sasso, Automation Project Manager, SETAL. “We can see the potential to use AVEVA NET with customers other than Petrobras, as well as outside of the oil & gas market”.
“AVEVA NET’s open architecture was ideally suited to the task of integrating with SETAL’s many different sources of information. This was demonstrated to SETAL throughout our implementation and handover process”, added Rodrigo Schiaveto, Account Manager in Brazil, AVEVA. “SETAL is already a positive reference for our AVEVA Plant solutions and the addition of AVEVA NET will help them to realise the potential of AVEVA’s Integrated Project Execution (IPE) strategy. This strategy allows engineering contractors to compress schedules, reduce the cost of major capital projects through project wide information sharing and management”.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers