Belgaum - QuEST Global Engineering and KLS’s Gogte Institute of Technology (GIT) today signed a Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) to jointly establish a state-of-the-art training centre and finishing school in design, offering courses in Computer Aided Design/Manufacturing/Engineering (CAD/CAM/CAE). The school will be known as CADAM (Center for Advanced Design and Manufacturing) and set up at the Gogte Institute at Belgaum to cater to the growing number of engineering students from the region.
The MOU was exchanged in a function organized at the Gogte Institute Campus between Dr. A. G. Kulkarni, Chairman, Karnataka Law Society, Belgaum and Dr. Matcha Rajan, Vice President, QuEST Global. Also present at the occasion were Mr. M. R. Kulkarni, Chairman, Governing Council, GIT Belgaum, Mr. Sandesh Shirodker, Center manager, QuEST Global, Dr. A. S. Deshpande, Principal and Dr. V. S. Majali, HOD - Mechanical Engineering.
This technical course is designed to train students who aspire to join Original equipment manufacturer/Engineering service providers that require design and analysis work. Currently courses will cover FEA (Finite Element Analsys) and CAD while other training courses will be extended depending on the demand over time.
Dr. Ajay Prabhu, Chief Operating Officer, QuEST Global Engineering said, “This is an exciting initiative from QuEST which marks our entry into formalized education. QuEST Global is today recognised among the world’s ten leading engineering service companies, and this title has only spurred us on to foray into education and training, in an effort to impart our knowledge and experience with students in classrooms.”
He adds, “We are very happy to partner with the Gogte Institute of Technology through this effort that can benefit thousands of students. The joint certified program will deliver best in class curriculum, faculty and infrastructure apart from providing opportunities for hands on experience through internships as well as job opportunities.” Speaking about the joint venture, Mr. A. G. Kulkarni, Chairman, Karnataka Law Society, Belgaum adds, “It gives me immense pleasure to sign this MoU with a prestigious organization like QuEST. The tie-up will only boost industry-institute interaction and help enhance the understanding of students, while making them aware of what the industry expects from them.”
Adding to this Mr. M. R Kulkarni, Chairman, Governing Council, GIT Belgaum said, “I am very pleased to have this MoU with QuEST a leader in engineering & manufacturing services. This tie-up will further help GIT scale new heights in academic excellence. I am also confident that this relationship between QuEST and GIT is well poised to row and benefit all its stakeholders.”
Dec 15, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets