GstarCAD today began revealing details of its upcoming GstarCAD 2012 release of computer-aided design software. The update will provide power users with greater efficiency through the addition of a number of new design-oriented functions. First to be revealed is the powerful dynamic block functionality that adds flexibility and intelligence to symbols.
The new block editor environment in GstarCAD 2012 lets users design and edit regular blocks (symbols) and to program dynamic blocks that interact with drawings in powerful new ways. The block editor lets users attach parameters, visibility states, and actions to blocks. Once dynamic blocks are added to drawings, users can interactively change the shape, size, and position of the blocks; there is no longer any need to redefine or reinsert multiple static blocks in the drawings.
Users enter the block editor with the new BEdit command. There, they will find dozens of commands, system variables, parameters, parameter sets, and actions with which they can customize the actions of blocks. The large number of parameters and actions make it easy for blocks to be manipulated by users, thereby significantly improving the efficiency and flexibility of designs and drawings.
Parts of dynamic blocks can be made to move, stretch, rotate, lookup, and scale. After dynamic blocks are inserted into the drawings, users can change their shapes and sizes easily through simple clicking and dragging of blocks unlike general block references.
Dynamic blocks created in GstarCAD 2012 are highly compatible with those created in AutoCAD. DWG files containing dynamic blocks can be opened and edited seamlessly with either GstarCAD 2012 or AutoCAD, no loss of parameters, visibility modes, or actions. By adding dynamic blocks to GstarCAD, Gstarsoft enhances its compatibility with AutoCAD even further.
Dec 13, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers