GstarCAD today began revealing details of its upcoming GstarCAD 2012 release of computer-aided design software. The update will provide power users with greater efficiency through the addition of a number of new design-oriented functions. First to be revealed is the powerful dynamic block functionality that adds flexibility and intelligence to symbols.
The new block editor environment in GstarCAD 2012 lets users design and edit regular blocks (symbols) and to program dynamic blocks that interact with drawings in powerful new ways. The block editor lets users attach parameters, visibility states, and actions to blocks. Once dynamic blocks are added to drawings, users can interactively change the shape, size, and position of the blocks; there is no longer any need to redefine or reinsert multiple static blocks in the drawings.
Users enter the block editor with the new BEdit command. There, they will find dozens of commands, system variables, parameters, parameter sets, and actions with which they can customize the actions of blocks. The large number of parameters and actions make it easy for blocks to be manipulated by users, thereby significantly improving the efficiency and flexibility of designs and drawings.
Parts of dynamic blocks can be made to move, stretch, rotate, lookup, and scale. After dynamic blocks are inserted into the drawings, users can change their shapes and sizes easily through simple clicking and dragging of blocks unlike general block references.
Dynamic blocks created in GstarCAD 2012 are highly compatible with those created in AutoCAD. DWG files containing dynamic blocks can be opened and edited seamlessly with either GstarCAD 2012 or AutoCAD, no loss of parameters, visibility modes, or actions. By adding dynamic blocks to GstarCAD, Gstarsoft enhances its compatibility with AutoCAD even further.
Dec 13, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets