Gerber Technology has appointed Donny Askin president of its Software Solutions business. In this role, he will manage the strategic direction of the company’s widely-adopted flagship product, the AccuMark® pattern design, grading and marker making system and its fast-growing YuniquePLM™ product lifecycle management solution. Askin is also appointed senior vice president of Gerber Scientific, Inc., Gerber Technology’s parent company.
Askin brings extensive technology and software leadership experience. Most recently, he served as CEO and chairman of Arigo, a venture-backed company that provides private label, global sourcing and trade management supply chain solutions to some of the world’s leading retailers, brand owners and wholesalers. He also orchestrated the acquisition and subsequent venture-backed growth of OrderMotion, a SaaS-based, direct-to-consumer order and campaign management platform. Earlier, Askin founded CommercialWare, Inc., a company that integrated online, call center and brick-and-mortar store transactions for many leading retailers, to provide a seamless view of the customer regardless of the channel used to purchase. CommercialWare was acquired in 2006 by MICROS Systems, Inc.
Bill Brewster will serve as vice president, Global Sales and Marketing for the Software Solutions business. Bill has been overseeing the growth of Gerber’s software business since the acquisition of YuniquePLM in December 2009, and, under his watch, 36 companies implemented YuniquePLM to help accelerate time to market, reduce development costs, ensure quality and more effectively communicate with suppliers.
“This is an exciting time for Gerber’s Software Solutions group,” noted Marc Giles, president of Gerber Technology, “and I am pleased that Donny and Bill have joined forces to continue to drive the energy and momentum of our software business. Donny brings with him deep experience and vast knowledge of the software business, particularly as it relates to retailers and brand owners. Bill has developed a keen understanding of what companies need in a fashion-specific CAD and PLM system. With this combined expertise, I am confident that Donny and Bill will continue to drive growth and ensure Gerber’s software solutions continue to exceed customers’ expectations.”
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation