PowerSHAPE presentation held during the series of user meetings in Argentina.
Delcam Sales Partner MultiCAM held the latest series of Delcam Argentina User Group meetings in Buenos Aires during November. These events have taken place in every year since 1996, successfully uniting the local user community and providing up-date training on Delcam’s main software solutions; PowerSHAPE CAD software, PowerMILL CAM system, and PowerINSPECT inspection software. Delcam was represented at the meetings by Latin America Business Development Manager, Pedro Leon, and International Support Manager, Craig Chester.
The opening event took place at the "Instituto Argentino del Envase” (Argentinean Packaging Association) and focused on PowerSHAPE and PowerMILL. It combined product training on the latest software developments from Mr. Chester, with presentations from MultiCAM support engineers, Marcelo Tallarico, Pablo Cardenas and Leandro Charlin, covering specific topics relevant to the local customers’ needs. Together they provided practical suggestions and solutions that could increase the customers’ productivity significantly.
The general meeting was followed by a specific event aimed at companies using PowerMILL for five-axis machining. The number of companies in Argentina using more advanced manufacturing equipment, such as five-axis machines or robots, for highly complex milling applications has increased in the last few years. A wide variety of equipment has been installed, including high-end CNC milling machines from manufacturers such as DMG and Mikron; purpose-built, multi-axis CNC milling machines, such as robots adapted with a milling head for the manufacture of ceramic sanitaryware moulds; and gantry-type machines used by the boat-building industry.
The PowerINSPECT User Group meeting took place in MultiCAM’s metrology showroom, where inspection arms, a CNC coordinate measuring machine and other inspection equipment are available. The event covered the latest developments in PowerINSPECT, with demonstrations of the new functionality on Romer portable inspection arms and Aberlink CNC CMMs.
MultiCAM took the opportunity of having the Delcam specialists in Argentina to hold a launch meeting for Delcam’s dental range in the country. This was targeted at a select group of Argentinean dentists and dental technicians. At the event, MultiCAM was able to present its latest investment, an iMetric Dental D102i scanner, which was used to feed data to Delcam’s dedicated dental software solutions DentCAD and DentMILL.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments