Delcam Italia celebrated the 20th anniversary of its formation earlier this month with a special staff party at its Legnano headquarters. The celebrations came as Delcam Italia is heading for its most successful year. Despite the challenges within the Italian economy, sales are on target to beat the previous record set during 2010.
Italy was one of the first countries targeted by Delcam when it began its international marketing drive in the 1980s. One of the company’s earliest European customers was the footwear manufacturer Vibram, which added Delcam software in 1984 and still remains a Delcam user.
After selling through resellers during the 1980s, Delcam founded Delcam Italia with a single Milan office in 1991. As the business developed, further offices were opened, in Marche in 1994, in Padova in 1996, and in Bologna in 2001. Over the same period, the head office moved to larger premises in the Milan region, first to Gallarate in 1995 and then to the current site in Legnano in 2002.
Delcam Italia now employs 24 people, who support more than 2,000 customers. These come from a wide range of industries, including automotive, aerospace, consumer products, engraving, healthcare, marine, motorsport, packaging and toys.
To give comprehensive coverage of the Italian market, Delcam Italia works with a network of resellers and providers of complementary technology, like machine tools and cutting tools.
The latest addition to the network is NuovaMacut, Italy’s largest SolidWorks dealer and supplier of the Delcam for SolidWorks integrated CAM system.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel