Leading structural software developer, CSC, today announces the latest release of its concrete building design software, Struds. All supported Struds users will automatically receive v11 during December as part of their maintenance contract.
Following the acquisition of the structural division of Indian company, SoftTech Engineers Pvt, in May, CSC’s Struds development team has been working on a range of ground breaking new features and enhancements to improve the usability of Struds.
Structural engineers across India can now model more quickly and efficiently than ever before, using the faster and more intuitive Struds interface. Along with an enhanced feature whereby engineers can generate grids by importing data from spreadsheets, they can also review their models more easily with improved visualisation features, including the ability to shrink joints and make slabs appear transparent.
“This exciting release demonstrates our commitment to Struds and to supporting the Indian structural community”, comments Mark Roberts, CEO at CSC. “We have listened to the feedback provided by our clients, and we have focused our efforts on developments we know they see as priority. We look forward to continuing our development plans in the coming months.”
Structural engineers will also save time, as the functionality to import architectural DXF drawings has been greatly enhanced. Using v11, engineers can now extract all the layers and data from architectural DXF files, including columns, column sizes and orientation. In addition to this, the quality of the output, such as drawings for slabs, beams, columns and footings has been significantly improved.
The former structural division of SoftTech Engineers Pvt, now trading as CSC World (India) Private Limited, has recently undertaken a rebrand of Struds, and its tank design software, ESR-GSR. The business has also recently relocated its regional head office to brand new and modern premises in Pune, India.
Along with a major recruitment drive, CSC has launched a new business services division, designed specifically to invest in client satisfaction levels. The new division provides expert technical support and training to Struds users across India, enabling them to maximise their investment in CSC software and deliver their projects more efficiently and on time.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program