After a very competitive contest, CD-adapco is pleased to announce Matt Knapp of TLG Aerospace as the winner of the 2012 CAE Post Processing Contest for his image of NASA X-34 Hypersonic Re-Entry Simulation. Knapp submitted the image which shows off a high angle of attack re-entry simulation of the NASA X-34 with adaptive meshing for off-body shock capture.
For the sixth year running, the competition has given users of CD-adapco software the chance to showcase their post-processing skills by producing striking images of their work. In winning the competition, and claiming an Apple iPad2 as his prize, Knapp beat off tough competition from companies such as Volvo, RWDI, Technique Bureau Company, Behr, InDesA, and GM Powertrain.
The 2012 competition was the most difficult to judge, explains CD-adapco's VP of Marketing, David Vaughn:
"Post processing CAE results is no longer just about getting numbers from a simulation, but also about being able to engage and inform colleagues from other disciplines about just how effective an analysis was. The quality of this year’s entries has once again impressed everyone at CD-adapco and has shown just how skillful our users are in effectively deploying simulation across a huge range of different applications. With over 100 entries to choose from, all of an exceedingly high standard, selecting a winner was extremely difficult and is a reflection of both the high levels of skill shown by our users and of the versatility of STAR-CCM+.”
The best twelve images are showcased in the 2012 CD-adapco Desktop Calendar. Register for your free calendar, as only a limited number are available.
Dec 9, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel