Progressive Media Group's Bob Scott's Insights has selected First Tech Direct as a winner of its 2011 VAR Stars award. One hundred resellers are selected each year for this honor.
2011 VAR Stars have a practice involving the sales of mid-market financial software and while most derive significant revenue from other sources, accounting software is the core to their business. Revenue is not a factor in selection and VARs are not rated. All members on this list have equal standing. Factors taken into consideration included growth, industry leadership and innovation.
This year, VAR Star candidates were asked what they have done to respond to the economic conditions. Several common areas emerged from those VARs who commented (not all provided this information).
They are as follows:
Diversifying product lines.
Holding onto talent.
Maintaining or increasing marketing budgets.
Performing mergers and acquisition.
Bob Scott's Insights provides the mid-market reselling community with news and analysis giving them insight into the issues that affect the business of resellers and vendors alike. It informs and entertains, giving this critical market a quick-and-easy read that is both instructive and interesting.
John S. Silvani, First Tech Direct's President, stated, "This recognition as one of the 100 selected 2011 VAR Stars by Bob Scott's Insights is truly an honor. Our continued growth is due to our dedicated staff of professionals delivering technical excellence with uncompromising customer service to our clients. Our goal is to help organizations achieve their challenging business goals with world-class software solutions that we provide."
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets