Quickly and intelligently copy ship design data between projects for reuse on similar designs to reduce costs.
AVEVA (LSE:AVV), a leader in engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries, has announced the release of AVEVA Design Reuse 12.1, a brand new product within the AVEVA Marine portfolio. AVEVA Design Reuse allows the quick and intelligent copying of ship design data to be reused on a similar ship, reducing cost and risks by allowing the standard design policy to be used on a new design.
AVEVA Design Reuse enables designers to create brand new designs using parts of previous designs; and to apply a standard design to a new project. It allows easy selection of the objects to be copied based on properties, attributes or dates.
“AVEVA Design Reuse allows shipyards to make the fullest possible use of their expertise and previous designs. This cuts down design time and effort when modelling a new project”, comments Stéphane Neuvéglise, Head of Business Management – Marine Systems, AVEVA. “Through its adaptive capabilities, AVEVA Design Reuse can cut up to 70% off the time needed to redesign a similar ship from scratch”.
AVEVA Design Reuse allows the definition of the material quantities and costs of similar ships very early in the design process, making for precise budget estimation and project cost monitoring.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel