Horizontal Systems Extends and Accelerates Autodesk Cloud-Based Building Information Modeling Solutions for Collaboration, Data and Lifecycle Management.
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) announced that it has completed the acquisition of Horizontal Systems, a provider of innovative cloud-based Building Information Modeling (BIM) collaboration solutions for the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry. Autodesk announced its intent to purchase Horizontal Systems on Nov. 30, 2011.
Horizontal Systems technology will be an important contributor to the Autodesk 360 for BIM solution for collaboration, data and lifecycle management. By providing diverse, distributed teams with more secure, easy-to-use and fast-to-deploy solutions, Autodesk 360 for BIM makes project data available across the project lifecycle, wherever and whenever it is needed.
“The acquisition of Horizontal Systems will help accelerate the movement of BIM to the cloud by providing our customers with a more complete, more accurate, digital view of their projects and with access to information across the project lifecycle from wherever they need it — the office, the web or the field,” said Jim Lynch, vice president, Architecture, Engineering and Construction Solutions, Autodesk. “The integration of Horizontal Systems technology with other Autodesk BIM solutions will streamline business processes and workflows for increased efficiency, improved profitability and higher-quality outcomes for both Autodesk and Horizontal Systems customers.”
This transaction is expected to have no impact on guidance issued on Nov. 15, 2011.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers