Autodesk Asia Pte. Ltd has announced an Open Distribution network in India for AutoCAD LT 2012. As part of the company’s endeavor to expand the channel partner ecosystem; effective November 22, 2011, all Autodesk volume products, including AutoCAD LT 2012, would henceforth, be sold through an Open Distribution network in India.
Earlier, such products were only available to customers in India, through a network of contracted Autodesk authorized VARs, primarily operating in the top tier cities. However now, by opening up the distribution network, Autodesk has enabled resellers in upcountry markets to procure Autodesk volume products from key VAD’s viz- Redington and Ingram Micro and take the Autodesk brand to tier II & III cities.
Commenting on Autodesk’s strategy to broad base the availability of their volume products in India; Ajay Bagepalli, Director – Channels and Business Development, Autodesk India & SAARC, said, “This move is driven by the fact that rapid economic growth across Tier 2 and 3 cities merits a need for these products to be easily accessible to our customers across the country. Unrestricted distribution of our volume products such as AutoCAD LT will create excitement among the channel community at large, as it now provides them a great opportunity to participate in the Autodesk India growth story. Ease of availability of AutoCAD LT will enable millions of designers, architects, manufacturers to imagine, design and create their ideas into reality in a more cost effective manner and with faster turnaround time.
Autodesk works with a strong channel partner network in the country to deliver the highest level of service to customers. Autodesk works closely with channel partners in the promotion, demonstration, installation, support and training requirements of Autodesk 3D design technologies. Autodesk channel partners help customers choose the best combination of software, hardware, and services to meet the desired business objectives.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio