Solution from ANSYS Subsidiary Addresses Accuracy, Performance and Capacity for Advanced Process Custom IC Designs.
ANSYS (NASDAQ: ANSS) announced that Totem™ software -- from its subsidiary Apache Design, Inc. -- has been deployed by Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited to analyze and optimize all their custom integrated circuit (IC) designs. This includes analog, memory, high-speed I/O, PMIC (power management IC) and RF ICs that are used in wide variety of consumer, mobile and communications electronic products. As custom IC designs increase in complexity, engineers face the challenges of meeting stringent performance and reliability targets, especially at 28-nanometer (nm) and below manufacturing process nodes. Totem -- a complete power noise and reliability platform for analog/mixed-signal chip designs -- was selected by Fujitsu Semiconductor for its ability to handle large designs and analyze global noise coupling, which can impact chip performance and reliability. It was also chosen for its integration with existing analog design tool environments, a feature that offers improved productivity.
"Apache's Totem enables us to accurately model and simulate power/ground, substrate and package/PCB noise coupling at the full-chip level for advanced process technologies," said Masaru Ito, director of the technology development division, IP and technology development and manufacturing unit of Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited. "By using Totem, we can explore the impact of noise coupling on the circuit's performance and determine if critical layout changes are needed early in the design process, allowing us to increase productivity and lower the risk of re-spin."
"The successful adoption of our Totem platform demonstrates how designers can depend on Apache to deliver products that meet the needs of leading custom designs," said Dian Yang, general manager and senior vice president at Apache. "Totem enables designers to optimize for better performance, lower product cost, meet specifications, and help mitigate design risks."
Dec 8, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers