3D Systems Corporation announced today that Quickparts® assisted PediaVision® with the development and production of Spot, a wireless, handheld vision screening device that is easy to use and can capture results in less than one second.
PediaVision® (www.pediavision.com) is a medical device company providing comprehensive vision assessment technology to adults and children as young as 6 months old. Their latest innovation, Spot, is a patent-pending technology that can assess a child's vision quickly, and objectively, eliminating the subjective analysis that results from many of today's vision screening tools.
With the demand for Spot outpacing traditional manufacturing techniques, PediaVision® sought a vendor that could meet demanding lead times and offer safety grade materials, without sacrificing quality. They ultimately turned to Quickparts® for pre-production cast urethane parts, and Quickparts® was able to deliver safety grade parts with production tolerances, all within the required lead time.
"Quickparts allowed us to test production quality prototypes months before traditional tooling would allow," said Jeff Lammers, Lead Engineer at PediaVision®. "We got to market faster and the pre-production prototypes were exactly what we needed. Rapid prototyping allowed us to compress our schedule by 3-6 months."
Dec 9, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining