GUANGZHOU, China - ZWSOFT, a leading supplier of 2D and 3D CAD/CAM solutions to the AEC and MCAD industries, today released Service Pack 2 as a significant update to ZW3D, its flexible CAD/CAM software for 3D modeling and machining. SP2 provides users with numerous enhancements, speed improvements, and bug fixes, and is available at no cost to customers.
With service pack 2, the display speed of ZW3D 2011 is now up to twelve times faster than with ZW3D 2011 SP1. For instance, the speed of viewing operations related to redrawing, zooming, blanking and unblanking, and revolve are improved by 40% to 50%.
In wire frame mode, the redraw speed is 2x faster than before, while redraws in hidden-line mode are now 3x faster. The most impressive speed improvement comes when the Display Edges and Use Shaded Edge Color Setting are turned on. Here, the redraw speed of shape mode has been increased a remarkable 12x!
Improvements to CAM Operations
The computer-aided manufacturing side of ZW3D also gains a huge boost in speed, as tool paths for 5-axis operations are now calculated 5x faster.
2X operation zigzags and box cuts are improved through the ability to approach or retract from air or outside when the tool location is 'on' or 'past'. Mill3 tactics are enhanced to ensure minimum and maximum tools are controlled by tool selections specified by users.
Sheetmetal and 3D Modeling Enhancements
In the area of sheet metal design, customers will love the real-time preview, and the improved unfold function to support more types of imported models. A new height option controls the sizes of flanges.
In 3D modeling, assemblies can now use support surfaces as an orientation frame when inserting components. The Hole command is improved in its operation, and a new command makes cylindrical stocks.
Service pack 2 is available in Chinese Traditional, Czech, English, and Spanish (Spain), with more to come. Users can download ZW3D from http://www.zwsoft.com/en/products/zw3d.html.
Find ZW3D at Euromold 2011
Be sure to plan to visit us at our special events around the world. In Frankfurt, Germany, ZWSOFT will showcase the coming ZW3D 2012 and its cutting-edge technology during Euromold 2011. Pre-register to receive a free gift when you visit our booth #C108 in Hall 11 from November 29 to December 2.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel