Sescoi has announced that it has won the 2011 metal processing industry - Ringier Technology Innovation Award – CADCAM Software, at the recent China International Industry Fair in Shanghai with its WorkNC CADCAM software.
Organized by Ringier Trade Publishing Ltd, the competition is in its sixth year and is judged by a panel of experts from industry associations and research institutions within the metal cutting industry, and is supplemented by internet voting from users of the nominated products, making this a very prestigious and hotly contended award, noted for its neutrality and which prides itself on selecting winners solely on merit.
More than 100 industry leaders gathered at the award ceremony to congratulate the 36 winners in the nine categories of the competition.
WorkNC was selected for its automated programming which makes the system uniquely easy to use. It produces intelligent toolpaths which reduce machining times, extend tool life and improve the quality and surface finish of the completed part and, is able to drive CNC machines up to and including those capable of full 5-axis simultaneous cutting.
WorkNC is widely used in the automotive industry and is used by more than 80% of OEMs including BMW, Audi, Jaguar Landrover and Bentley. In China it is already used by leading companies such as Yutong Bus and SSDT- SIAC. Yutong Bus is the country’s largest bus manufacturer and one of its top 500 enterprises, while SIAC produces over 3.5 million cars annually.
WorkNC is also prominent in other industries including aerospace, consumer electronics, sport and leisure goods, and medical and dental where it is used by companies such as Eurocopter, Aerospatiale, Toshiba, Rowenta, Playmobil and Biotech.
Bruno Marko, President of Sescoi International said, “We are very proud to receive this award, which is recognition of the quality of the technology we deliver to our customers. It will be a further boost for our business in China where WorkNC is being adopted by an increasingly large number of leading manufacturers.”
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel