Developed in collaboration between a world-leading provider of engineering simulation technology and recognized international experts in casting and metallurgy, STAR-Cast v1.10 brings automation and ease-of-use into casting and foundry processes.
STAR-Cast provides a comprehensive and intuitive process for performing multiphase casting simulation – liquid, solid and gaseous – including conjugate heat transfer, a sharp resolution of the filling front, free-surface fragmentation, motion of trapped gas bubbles in melt, and natural convection in melt and gas.
"STAR-Cast v1.10 includes a new streamlined casting simulation process that places industrial strength simulation technology in the hands of foundrymen, casting designers and tool makers," says Robert Guntlin, Managing Director of Access. "The addition of new tools that facilitate High Pressure Die Casting and Investment Casting makes STAR-Cast v1.10 a formidable tool that I sincerely believe will lead to unprecedented levels of innovation and cost reduction in industrial casting."
"CD-adapco is committed to making the best advanced engineering simulation technology available for solving the most difficult problems that manufacturing has to offer," said CD-adapco President Steve MacDonald. "STAR-Cast v1.10 is a product of our many years of simulation experience combined with the leading expertise of Access in casting and metallurgy. We are proud to be their partners."
STAR-Cast v1.10 is now also available on the Windows 7.0 platform.
The latest STAR-Cast release includes enhancements in High Pressure Die Casting, Shell Molds for Investment Casting, Investment Casting Misrun Prediction, and Material Database.
Nov 21, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments