aPriori, a provider of product cost management software solutions, today announced that S&C Electric Company has selected the aPriori software platform to enable its design engineers to manage product costs more effectively throughout the design process. The Chicago-based company designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. The software will provide its engineers with real-time, detailed cost analysis throughout the design cycle to avoid unnecessary costs before products and parts go into production.
aPriori's Product Cost Management software platform is a flexible and powerful costing engine that is able to instantly and precisely determine the cost of a part or product from a CAD model, based on the materials to be used and the factory where it will be produced. With a click of a button, designers can get a precise, real-time cost assessment at any time during the design process. As design changes are made, aPriori automatically re-assesses the design and provides an updated product cost in real time. Using this new level of cost knowledge, companies can make more informed design decisions and significantly reduce product costs earlier in the product design lifecycle.
"Product cost management is generally not a primary concern of design engineers," said Stephanie Feraday, aPriori's President and Chief Executive Officer. "They simply haven't had the tools to really do anything about it. With aPriori, S&C's engineering team will have the ability to access precise cost assessments in real-time as they design. This will enable them to identify and realize product cost savings earlier in the design cycle."
S&C, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is applying its heritage of innovation to address challenges facing the world's power grids and is thus shaping the future of reliable electricity delivery. The mission of employee-owned S&C is to continually develop new solutions for electricity delivery, fostering the improved efficiency and reliability required for the intelligent grid.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012