InnovMetric Software is pleased to announce that the new version 12 of its PolyWorks/Modeler™ reverse engineering solution offers parametric 2D sketching capabilities at no additional cost. The new PolyWorks V12 sketcher allows users to:
Create a sketch outline by: sectioning a digitized part at a specific position, averaging multiple sections, or extracting a silhouette edge
Create sketch entities following a logical order that corresponds to the design intent, from the primary entities that need to be perfectly fitted onto the outline, up to secondary entities that just connect primary entities together
Anchor and fit new entities and automatically make them tangent or perpendicular to existing entities
Import PolyWorks sketches into popular professional CAD packages, such as CATIA, UG, Pro/E, or SolidWorks, in order to create fully editable parametric and associative solid CAD models
In addition to new sketching capabilities, PolyWorks/Modeler V12 also offers a new curve mathematical engine and enhanced set of curve reshaping techniques that cut the total time needed to build a NURBS surface model from a digitized part by more than 50%.
"Our mission consists in optimizing the extraction of CAD entities from digitized models, and not in developing a new CAD modeler. Our customers already have a standard CAD package and standard modeling methodologies in their organization. PolyWorks/Modeler V12 is the catalyst solution that transforms our customers' professional CAD package into a complete reverse engineering solution", said Marc Soucy, president of InnovMetric Software.
PolyWorks V12 is currently available for download from InnovMetric's Technical Support Zone.
InnovMetric Software and Duwe-3d AG will demonstrate PolyWorks V12 at EuroMold 2011 in Hall 8, booth K55. EuroMold 2011 is a trade fair held from November 29th to December 2nd in Frankfurt, Germany.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments