Features Include Flexible Load Behavior for Large Data Sets, DataPlugin Wizard for Microsoft Excel and Fundamental Enhancements to DIAdem REPORT.
National Instruments today announced NI DIAdem 2011, the latest version of the software tool specifically designed to make engineers and scientists more efficient when locating, inspecting, analyzing and reporting on measurement data. DIAdem 2011 gives engineers a new data-loading method for access to large data sets in less time than before, a new DataPlugin Wizard for Microsoft Excel to easily migrate from Excel to DIAdem and enhancements to the DIAdem REPORT panel for a richer, more dynamic report creation experience.
Analyzing and reporting time-based measurement data presents unique challenges that DIAdem overcomes out of the box. DIAdem is optimized to operate on large data sets, includes engineering-specific analysis tools and features powerful report and script creation editors for automating repetitive data-processing tasks.
With new flexible loading options in DIAdem 2011, engineers can choose to delay loading bulk data from Technical Data Management (TDM) and TDM Streaming (TDMS) files until absolutely necessary. This unique approach references data in place on disk during analysis and reporting without compromising the integrity of the original data stored in the file. With this approach, engineers achieve rapid access to data without concern of unintended alterations to original files.
DIAdem 2011 also introduces a new DataPlugin Wizard designed for straightforward integration of spreadsheet-based data files such as those created using Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice.org CALC. Using the DataPlugin Wizard for Excel, engineers quickly and interactively can teach DIAdem to recognize the structure of similarly organized files. Afterward, they can immediately load Excel data into the environment and process it using the productivity gains that DIAdem provides including large data set capacity, synchronized visualization and integrated advanced analysis and management tools.
DIAdem REPORT has undergone fundamental changes that are instantly advantageous during template-based report creation. Anti-aliasing improves general report quality by yielding cleaner imagery. Interactive axis scaling makes precise graphs and charts easier to create, and dynamic curve comments and snippets automatically update with formatting changes so that reports are always publication-ready. Additionally, a redesigned report management dialog features filtering and duplication capabilities so that engineers quickly and easily can expand larger multipage report templates.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets