Features Include Flexible Load Behavior for Large Data Sets, DataPlugin Wizard for Microsoft Excel and Fundamental Enhancements to DIAdem REPORT.
National Instruments today announced NI DIAdem 2011, the latest version of the software tool specifically designed to make engineers and scientists more efficient when locating, inspecting, analyzing and reporting on measurement data. DIAdem 2011 gives engineers a new data-loading method for access to large data sets in less time than before, a new DataPlugin Wizard for Microsoft Excel to easily migrate from Excel to DIAdem and enhancements to the DIAdem REPORT panel for a richer, more dynamic report creation experience.
Analyzing and reporting time-based measurement data presents unique challenges that DIAdem overcomes out of the box. DIAdem is optimized to operate on large data sets, includes engineering-specific analysis tools and features powerful report and script creation editors for automating repetitive data-processing tasks.
With new flexible loading options in DIAdem 2011, engineers can choose to delay loading bulk data from Technical Data Management (TDM) and TDM Streaming (TDMS) files until absolutely necessary. This unique approach references data in place on disk during analysis and reporting without compromising the integrity of the original data stored in the file. With this approach, engineers achieve rapid access to data without concern of unintended alterations to original files.
DIAdem 2011 also introduces a new DataPlugin Wizard designed for straightforward integration of spreadsheet-based data files such as those created using Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice.org CALC. Using the DataPlugin Wizard for Excel, engineers quickly and interactively can teach DIAdem to recognize the structure of similarly organized files. Afterward, they can immediately load Excel data into the environment and process it using the productivity gains that DIAdem provides including large data set capacity, synchronized visualization and integrated advanced analysis and management tools.
DIAdem REPORT has undergone fundamental changes that are instantly advantageous during template-based report creation. Anti-aliasing improves general report quality by yielding cleaner imagery. Interactive axis scaling makes precise graphs and charts easier to create, and dynamic curve comments and snippets automatically update with formatting changes so that reports are always publication-ready. Additionally, a redesigned report management dialog features filtering and duplication capabilities so that engineers quickly and easily can expand larger multipage report templates.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments