Dassault Systèmes announced today that Lumenis, the largest medical laser company in the world, has selected ENOVIA Version 6, after a meticulous evaluation process, to fully master the company’s engineering information and business processes. ENOVIA and its Life Sciences Accelerators will be implemented to respond to Lumenis’ aesthetic, ophthalmic, and surgical entities’ needs across its entire organization.
ENOVIA Version 6 will provide Lumenis with an online collaborative framework to manage and control its planning processes in compliance with stringent quality standards and regulatory requirements across the company’s full range of products and will include its entire supply chain. Lumenis will manage all engineering data in the different planning phases while integrating them with existing CAD systems. It will also facilitate the management of all product-related information (mechanical, electrical and software) on one single platform.
Built on top of the ENOVIA Version 6 PLM collaborative innovation platform, the ENOVIA Life Science Accelerators for Product Quality and Regulatory Affairs give Lumenis a major advantage by offering an end-to-end solution that spans the entire product development process and the majority of the quality systems processes within a single environment. This makes it easy for contributors within the different groups of product development and quality systems to access the information they need regardless of who created or owns it. Workflows can be developed, crossing boundaries within product development, enabling the automation of many manual processes.
According to Zvika Weingart, chief information officer, Lumenis, the implementation of ENOVIA Version 6 will be a significant asset to accelerate the development process of new products that Lumenis is planning to launch in the coming years. Not only will the solution speed up the product development process, but the power of ENOVIA also lies in its ability to enforce ongoing engineering processes, and improve Lumenis’ collaboration with its customers and distributors.
"Our decision to choose Dassault Systèmes’ platform to achieve long-term improvement while reducing cost of investment has been positively influenced by the flexibility and openness of Version 6 technology,” said Zvika Weingart. “With ENOVIA Version 6’s excellent xCAD and ERP integration capabilities, we are confident we made the smartest choice to manage our mechatronics product lifecycle.”
"Lumenis’ choice of an integrated and open approach offered by Dassault Systèmes’ Version 6 is an important milestone in our efforts to introduce our innovative platform to the mature and advanced medical devices market,” commented Gilad Friedman, manager, Israel, Dassault Systèmes.
Nov 23, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio