MathWorks today announced new versions of two products, Robust Control Toolbox and Simulink Control Design, that enable engineers to automatically tune complex control systems modeled in Simulink.
Most embedded control systems have a fixed, decentralized architecture with simple tunable elements such as gains, PID controllers, and low-order filters. Enhancements to Robust Control Toolbox and Simulink Control Design let engineers automatically tune all controller elements without changing the controller structure. This eliminates the need for tedious and time-consuming methods of tuning multiloop, decentralized control systems such as successive loop closure.
With the new capabilities, control engineers can:
- Select Simulink blocks to tune
- Specify requirements for bandwidth, stability margins, and tracking performance
- Automatically tune all control system parameters simultaneously
- Update selected Simulink blocks with tuned values
The resulting design can be verified by simulating the model.
Learn more about tuning complex controllers modeled in Simulink by visiting mathworks.in/products/robust.
Nov 2, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments