MathWorks today announced new versions of two products, Robust Control Toolbox and Simulink Control Design, that enable engineers to automatically tune complex control systems modeled in Simulink.
Most embedded control systems have a fixed, decentralized architecture with simple tunable elements such as gains, PID controllers, and low-order filters. Enhancements to Robust Control Toolbox and Simulink Control Design let engineers automatically tune all controller elements without changing the controller structure. This eliminates the need for tedious and time-consuming methods of tuning multiloop, decentralized control systems such as successive loop closure.
With the new capabilities, control engineers can:
- Select Simulink blocks to tune
- Specify requirements for bandwidth, stability margins, and tracking performance
- Automatically tune all control system parameters simultaneously
- Update selected Simulink blocks with tuned values
The resulting design can be verified by simulating the model.
Learn more about tuning complex controllers modeled in Simulink by visiting mathworks.in/products/robust.
Nov 2, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio