This maintenance update is available at no charge to all current Mastercam maintenance customers.
The updates and new tools available in Mastercam X5 MU1 include:
Enhanced collision checking and containment options for 3D HST toolpaths.
Improved Curve 5-axis and Swarf 5-axis cutting, allowing overlap.
Faster Mill tree-style dialog performance.
Drag and drop parts from one sheet to another during geometry or toolpath nesting.
Output block drilling parameters for easy use on setup sheets and with certain point-to-point routers.
Enhanced 4-axis Direct wirepath accommodates a new suite of geometry and outputs even smoother motion.
Improved functionality give you even more precision tab control.
Updated file translators for ACIS, CATIA, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Unigraphics and Rhino.
Easier surface curve selection and solid layout functions.
With the release of Mastercam X5 MU1, the company is also introducing Mastercam Port Expert, a new purchasable add-on designed for the head porting industry. This powerful tool can be added on to Mastercam Mill Level 3 or Router Pro, and delivers:
Intelligent, specialized programming that machines as far as possible into the port with 3-axis toolpaths before switching smoothly to 5-axis motion.
Advanced collision detection to help ensure high-quality cuts.
Flexible machining definition and constraints, allowing automatic or manual choices.
Contact your Reseller for details.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets