In recognition of its excellence in power plant design, L&T-Sargent & Lundy (L&T-S&L) was honoured with the prestigious ‘BE Inspired Award’ from Bentley Systems Inc. at a gala event on November 8-9, 2011 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The award was presented during the annual ‘BE Inspired: Thought Leadership in Infrastructure’ event, attended by distinguished experts from the global infrastructure industry.
Since 2004, the BE Inspired competition has showcased excellence and innovation in the design, construction and operation of infrastructure projects around the world.
L&T-S&L won the award for its environment-friendly designs for power plants in the ‘Innovation in Power Generation’ category. The award relates to the engineering services provided for the 3x660 MW Supercritical Thermal Power Project under construction in Nagpur, Maharashtra. L&T-S&L provided the complete engineering solutions for the $1.5 billion project. To meet the challenge, the team relied upon coordinated and integrated engineering, using a complete 3D environment for plant modelling.
Mr. Jignesh V. Chokshi, DGM, and Mr. Mitesh Punjani, Architect, L&T-S&L, accepted the award from Ms. Anne-Marie Walters, Global Marketing Director, Industrial Process & Operations, Bentley Systems.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers