In recognition of its excellence in power plant design, L&T-Sargent & Lundy (L&T-S&L) was honoured with the prestigious ‘BE Inspired Award’ from Bentley Systems Inc. at a gala event on November 8-9, 2011 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The award was presented during the annual ‘BE Inspired: Thought Leadership in Infrastructure’ event, attended by distinguished experts from the global infrastructure industry.
Since 2004, the BE Inspired competition has showcased excellence and innovation in the design, construction and operation of infrastructure projects around the world.
L&T-S&L won the award for its environment-friendly designs for power plants in the ‘Innovation in Power Generation’ category. The award relates to the engineering services provided for the 3x660 MW Supercritical Thermal Power Project under construction in Nagpur, Maharashtra. L&T-S&L provided the complete engineering solutions for the $1.5 billion project. To meet the challenge, the team relied upon coordinated and integrated engineering, using a complete 3D environment for plant modelling.
Mr. Jignesh V. Chokshi, DGM, and Mr. Mitesh Punjani, Architect, L&T-S&L, accepted the award from Ms. Anne-Marie Walters, Global Marketing Director, Industrial Process & Operations, Bentley Systems.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel