MSC Software Corporation today announced that JSC "Sredne-Nevsky Shipyard" (JSC SNSZ) utilized MSC Software's structural analysis solutions to aid in the creation of the world's largest all-composite ship hull.
The design and manufacturing stages of the hull required complex engineering calculations and simulation tasks. Such simulations performed during the design and manufacturing stages have unique characteristics that include non-traditional hull materials for the shipbuilding industry as well as new manufacturing technologies.
It was important for JSC Sredne-Nevasky Shipyards to work with computer-aided engineering (CAE) software that fully supported the challenging tasks. After evaluating several simulation software products, JSC SNSZ decided on the MSC Nastran, Patran, and Patran Laminate Modeler solutions from MSC Software. A distinctive characteristic of the ship is its all-composite hull that is 70 meters in length and nearly 8 meters in height, which makes it the world's largest hull made of monolithic fiberglass.
On September 22nd, 2011 the vessel keel-laying ceremony took place at the JSC "Sredne-Nevsky Shipyard" for the new-generation ship for the Russia State Marine service.
"With MSC Software's solutions and partnership, we were able to move from physical testing to new virtual test procedures that greatly improved our effectiveness," said Vladimir Seredokho, General Director of JSC SNSZ. "Through our strategic partnership agreement, we hope to further develop our collaboration with MSC Software."
"We are grateful that MSC Software is part of this major achievement of JSC "Sredne-Nevsky Shipyard," said Thomas Keller, Senior Director at MSC Software. "It is a highly innovative project in the shipbuilding industry in terms of material, manufacturing and size."
Nov 29, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers