Teamcenter and Tecnomatix Solutions Help Drive Hyundai Heavy Industries Shipbuilding Division’s PLM Innovation to Increase Productivity and Reduce Time to Market.
Siemens PLM Software today announced that Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) Shipbuilding Division, the world’s leading shipbuilder, recognized Siemens PLM Software with a technology innovation award for helping HHI enhance cost efficiency and optimize production planning which reduces time to market. HHI hopes to achieve a significant reduction in engineering man-hours through the use of Siemens PLM Software solutions.
HHI uses Teamcenter® software, the world’s most widely used PLM system, as the product data management backbone to automate the entire design process linking CAD drawings and technical data with bill of materials to help eliminate errors resulting from isolated design changes. Tecnomatix® software, the industry’s leading solution for digital manufacturing, helps HHI boosts manufacturing productivity through optimization. The use of Teamcenter and Tecnomatix allow HHI to operate a digital shipyard which simulates a full production environment to help reduce costly errors and enhance efficiency.
“We are thrilled to receive this award and to be able to contribute to the success of HHI, one of the world’s leading shipbuilding companies,” said Kyung Ryul Kwon, vice president and managing director of Korea operations, Siemens PLM Software. “HHI is one of the world’s first shipbuilders to deploy an enterprise wide PLM system so their successful implementation and strong return on investment will have an impact not only in Korea but in the shipbuilding industry around the world. Siemens PLM Software is proud to be HHI’s PLM provider of choice and we strive to continue to provide industry leading technology that brings value to our customers.”
In addition to its Shipbuilding Division, HHI is currently uses Siemens PLM Software’s solutions at various other divisions, including Construction Equipment, Engine & Machinery, and Electro Electric Systems.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel