Geometric Limited announces the launch of a new CAM package at a surprisingly affordable price, to address the needs of the home machinist and the new users of 3D CAM software. This new and easy to use CAM package, CAMWorksXpress, will be launched at EuroMold 2011, in Booth # B112, Hall 11.0, from November 29 - December 2, 2011, at the Exhibition Centre, Frankfurt, Germany.
“CAMWorksXpress is an ideal solution for programmers and machinists who are looking for an easy to learn and easy to use 2.5D machining CAM package which is powerful, yet inexpensive. Since CAMWorksXpress incorporates feature based machining and model associativity, it reduces the programming time considerably, giving our customers’ an edge over their competitors", says Mr. Sunil Palrecha, Director - Product Marketing and Sales, Geometric.
CAMWorksXpress runs seamlessly inside SolidWorks, and provides the high powered features required for machining parts efficiently. Features that make CAMWorksXpress a better choice are:
- Reduced learning curve with Seamless single window integration within SolidWorks
- Reduced programming time with automation tools, such as feature based machining
- Reduced rework since design changes in SolidWorks automatically updates toolpaths
- Increased machining productivity with optimized toolpaths
- Generating CNC code in a few clicks
- Importing design models from most common file formats such as IGES, SAT, ACIS, etc.
- Automatic recognition of features on native parts as well as imported part models
- Library of post processors for leading CNC Controllers
- Unlimited upgrade path to CAMWorks – The 1st Gold partner CAM product on SolidWorks
Users have the option to either download a free 30 days evaluation version of CAMWorksXpress or to order directly as an add-on module to SolidWorks from www.camworksxpress.com.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio