Geometric Limited announced the release of its solids-based CNC programming solution, CAMWorks 2012, with support for SolidWorks 2012, as well as improvements to enable faster and easier programming, and to produce more efficient tool paths for improved machining productivity.
“We constantly strive to meet the requirements and changing needs of our users, while also ensuring they benefit from the latest technology advancements for machining. Moreover, providing them with the newest version support for SolidWorks, reinstates our commitment towards always making CAMWorks ready to be paired with the latest upgrade in their design CAD package”, said Bruce Wiener – Director, R&D for CAMWorks.
Some of the improvements in functionality and ease-of-use in CAMWorks 2012 include:
- Support for SolidWorks 2012
- Feature recognition performance and recognition improvements
- Version 4.0 of VoluMill with the new Non-Concentric Milling technology that reduces cutting-tool loads, and evacuates chips more effectively, thereby increasing the tool life
- Reduction in the time taken to save the files containing a large number of tool path moves
- Ability to add new tools into the TechDB from within CAMWorks
- Shaded display of Contain and Avoid areas
- Turn roughing operations now support user defined inserts
To learn more about CAMWorks 2012, please visit www.camworks.com.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel