Flow Science, Inc. announces the availability of a new release of FLOW-3D/MP, the distributed memory version of its flagship CFD software, FLOW-3D. FLOW-3D/MP v4.2 features hybrid parallelization that incorporates MPI and OpenMP architecture and offers users a substantial increase in performance with scaling to as many as 256 cores and runtime improvements of as much as 60x over the comparable FLOW-3D release.
The high performance computing software features the following benefits:
Developed for the latest multi-core architecture
Increased speed-up and accuracy, using fewer mesh blocks and reduced MPI communication
Directional decomposition, improved performance with thread scheduling and dynamic thread balancing
Scaling up to 256 cores
The physical models in FLOW-3D/MP 4.2 are based on FLOW-3D v9.4. Read a complete list of FLOW-3D/MP v4.2 features.
FLOW-3D/MP, first released by Flow Science in 2006, uses multi-block methodology to decompose the computational domain into blocks, which are then distributed among the nodes in a cluster. FLOW-3D/MP v4.2 has been tested extensively on both Windows (Server 2008 and 2008 R2) and Linux systems (RHEL 4 & 5 and SUSE 10 &11). Read more about FLOW-3D/MP v4.2’s high performance computing capabilities.
Flow Science has commenced shipment of this new release to FLOW-3D/MP customers under maintenance contracts.
Flow Science, Inc. is a privately-held software company specializing in transient, free-surface CFD flow modeling software for industrial and scientific applications worldwide. Flow Science has distributors for FLOW-3D sales and support in nations throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia. Flow Science’s headquarters are located in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers