FARO Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: FARO), the world’s leading provider of portable measurement and imaging solutions announces the FARO Laser Scanner Focus3D has been honored with a Best of What’s New award by Popular Science magazine. Each year, new products from almost every corner of industry – from consumer electronics to green technologies – are submitted to the publication’s editors for consideration. This year, FARO’s Focus3D has been named to that list of innovations.
“We’re thrilled that the Focus3D has been named to the Best of What’s New list, particularly when we consider the number of entries vying for the award,” said Jay Freeland, CEO of FARO Technologies. “FARO is constantly working to produce the most advanced products to improve our customers’ products and processes. In that respect, this is great recognition for us and them.” The laser scanner was considered for its use in forensic investigations, particularly by small police departments that might not otherwise be able to afford the technology. Its small size, robust functionality and ease-of-use make it the ideal solution for many applications in addition to forensics, including architecture, civil engineering and surveying.
“For 24 years, Popular Science has honored the innovations that surprise and amaze us − those that make a positive impact on our world today and challenge our views of what’s possible in the future.” said Mark Jannot, Editor-in-Chief of Popular Science. “The Best of What’s New Award is the magazine’s top honor, and the 100 winners − chosen from among thousands of entrants − represent the highest level of achievement in their fields.” Readers can find the Focus3D in the Security category of Popular Science’s Best of What’s New edition, available November 15th.
Nov 18, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments