The latest release of Alphacam CNC software contains new and improved 3D Machining Strategies, which will give manufacturers a competitive edge by allowing them to maximise the potential of their cutting machines.
Alphacam 2012 R1 is the latest release in the market-leading CNC software’s ongoing program of development and enhancement, ensuring it not only keeps pace with the changing needs of manufacturers throughout the world, but also delivers maximum return on investment.
The following are just some of the many functionality improvements in Alphacam 2012 R1:
New and Improved 3D Machining Strategies:
• The new Constant Cusp strategy gives a more consistent surface finish over the entire part
• A 4-axis Cylindrical Profiling strategy is introduced
• The improved Horizontal Z Contour machining with Rest Machining support comes with more control options, increasing reliability
• New Tool Axis Conversion methods for 4- and 5-axis normal to surfaces or solids are introduced.
Continued Improvements to Toolpath Associativity and Operation Editing/Updating:
• All machining operation types are now fully editable
• New commands provide the ability to regain any lost associativity
• Tool Axis Conversion settings are now stored with the operation, and automatically updated as needed
• New API components provide the ability for operations generated by user add-ins (e.g. VBA macros), to support associativity, editing and updating. It includes Machining Styles, adding geometry, and copying operations or boundaries.
Solid Viewing Support for all Modules/Levels:
• Solid bodies contained within Alphacam drawings are now visible and maintained in all Alphacam product levels, including Alphacam and the new Alphacam Shop Floor Editor, which was formerly known as Alphaview+.
Updated and Improved Vertical Application Add-ins:
• The Alphacam APM User Interface has been completely refreshed
• All machining add-ins now support operation editing functions.
Alphacam is renowned as being one of the most responsive CAM systems on the market, providing full machining capabilities to manufacture anything from simple 2-Axis parts through to complex 5-Axis components. Its extensive range of features help manufacturers adapt to changing business requirements, by being able to quickly modify tool paths.
In highly competitive markets, automation is the key to reducing programming time and maximising efficiency. Extensive research and development ensures Alphacam’s twice-yearly releases allow users to gain the absolute maximum performance from their CNC machines and the CAM process, maintaining a competitive edge.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments