More than 1600 invention disclosures, 150 plus published article/papers and 50 enterprise software products credited to the India R&D center.
Bangalore – Dell today announced a significant milestone for its India business - the 10th anniversary of its India research and development center based in Bangalore. Dell India R&D has been through an eventful decade and significant investment has been made in building its enterprise business & creating a team of technologists and senior engineers. Dell continues to reap benefits by moving up the value chain of product development. More than 1600 invention disclosures, over 150 published article/papers and 50 enterprise software products exhibit far-reaching capability of the team and great commitment towards quality and schedule.
“Dell plans to make India a hub for the development of enterprise products such as servers, storage, and software,” said Mr. Brad Anderson, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Product Group, Dell. He added, “Dell today has its strongest-ever portfolio of solutions, intellectual property and differentiated products, backed by new skills and capabilities in our India team, serving the local as well as global markets. Dell India R&D center is especially critical to enterprise business of Dell with the capability to own end-to-end products. We will continue to build capacity and further invest in India on Research and Next Generation products.”
Maintaining a steady pace of growth, Dell India R&D center has taken ownership of products ranging from servers, storage, data centers, systems software, hardware design, validation and testing, new features enhancement and continuous optimization and building its core competence for the global market. With this solid foundation, Dell India R&D center has enhanced its market technical support activities and in the recent years embarked on providing system integration solutions for operators worldwide.
Dell R&D center hosts seasoned management team with deep rooted Dell culture for rigor & drive for innovation. Some of the upcoming plans from the India R&D center towards futuristic projects/programs are:
· Increased focus on next generation of servers and data centers which will help integrate and align the enterprise technologies across its product portfolio to help companies simplify and manage their organizations’ IT infrastructure
· Major development is in progress to deliver cutting-edge virtualization software product to manage future data center
· Research is already in progress towards top-end embedded systems management product, yet to be launched
“Our India R&D center growth has been encouraging and contributed immensely to the enterprise business of Dell. We will continue to build the ecosystem in Bangalore to engage with our worldwide partners and going ahead the center will also play a huge role in delivering top-end products and solutions.” said Mr. Rudramuni B, Executive Director and Head of Dell India R&D.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio