New developments in FeatureCAM will be demonstrated at the Huron Canada celebration.
Delcam’s Québec reseller, Les Tech, will demonstrate the 2012 releases of the PowerMILL CAM system for high-speed and five-axis machining, and FeatureCAM for feature-based programming at the new Huron Canada premises in St. Laurent on 8th December. The occasion will be a double celebration for Huron. As well as being the formal opening its new site, the event will mark the tenth anniversary of the formation of Huron Canada.
The 2012 version of PowerMILL includes a number of new strategies, together with more general enhancements to make programming faster and machining more efficient with the best-possible surface finish. The most important of these new options is flowline machining. With flowline machining, the toolpath is divided between a pair of drive curves in a constant number of passes, rather than having a varying number of passes with a constant stepover. This approach gives a better surface finish on the part and minimizes wear on the cutter and the machine tool.
FeatureCAM 2012 includes a range of enhancements that give faster and easier programming, and produce more efficient toolpaths to give greater machine productivity. Two new strategies are available – back boring and spiral roughing. Back boring allows more parts to be completed in a single set-up, with larger bores able to be produced on the reverse side of the part. Spiral roughing can be used instead of Z-level roughing. It uses a single continuous toolpath instead of a series of levels and so gives a smoother finish with no dwell marks.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments