Delcam is delighted to announce that its Delcam for SolidWorks integrated CAM system was presented with the Ringier Technology Innovation Award for CADCAM software by International Metalworking News for China, the leading China market metalworking industry magazine, at the recent China International Industry Fair in Shanghai.
The competition, which is organized by Ringier Trade Publishing Ltd, is in its sixth year. It is judged by a panel of experts from industry associations and research institutions within the metal cutting industry. Their opinions are supplemented by internet voting from users of the nominated products, making this a very prestigious and hotly contended award.
The Awards ceremony was held in the Shanghai New International Expo Center on 3rd November. More than 120 high-level delegates attended. Other winning companies included StarragHeckert, DMG, SECO Tools, ABB, Mitsubishi Electric, Wuhan HuaGong, Maschinenfabrik Berthold Hermle and Agie Charmilles.
Delcam for SolidWorks combines the benefits associated with Delcam’s PowerMILL and FeatureCAM CAM systems. It is based on Delcam’s proven machining algorithms that are already used by more than 35,000 customers around the world. These strategies ensure increased productivity, maximum tool life and immaculate surface finish, even when cutting the hardest, most challenging materials.
At the same time, Delcam for SolidWorks has the same strong focus on ease of use as FeatureCAM, including all of the knowledge-based automation that makes the software so consistent and reliable. Most importantly, Delcam for SolidWorks includes FeatureCAM’s Automatic Feature Recognition system which automatically extracts detailed feature information from the SolidWorks model. Once the features have been identified, Delcam for SolidWorks undertakes automatic selection of cutting tools, machining strategies, and feeds and speeds, to complete the programming operation.
Delcam for SolidWorks is fully integrated into the SolidWorks environment so that the program looks and behaves like SolidWorks. It offers full associativity so that any changes in the CAD model are reflected automatically in the toolpaths. However, this associativity is more intelligent than that offered in many other integrated CAM systems. Delcam for SolidWorks does not simply modify the existing toolpaths but also reviews the choice of cutting tools and machining strategies, and changes them if necessary.
Nov 25, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers