Siemens PLM Software today announced that the company has been recognized as the leading PLM vendor in India by Dataquest, India’s top information technology magazine. Dataquest ranked Siemens PLM Software as the leading vendor in the PLM market in India during 2010-2011 with a market share of 22 percent. These findings, based on an in-depth analysis of the PLM market, were announced by Dataquest in September 2011 and are detailed in their recent DQ Top 20 Industry Report.
According to the DQ Top 20 report, the PLM market in India registered a robust growth of 22 percent during 2010-2011, with an overall market size of Rs. 684 Crores (USD $140 Million). With Indian enterprises going global, the concept of “design anywhere-build anywhere” was found to be gaining momentum resulting in increased collaboration between design and manufacturing departments, thereby leading to increased adoption of PLM solutions across diverse industry segments. Industry segments like automotive, aerospace, heavy engineering and industrial machinery were identified as the key drivers of PLM adoption in India.
The Dataquest findings further indicate an increased interest in PLM among the top management of Indian enterprises, with PLM featuring prominently on the CIO’s agenda. This signals a growing realization among Indian enterprises of the strategic value of PLM as an innovation platform that provides a competitive edge in the market.
“We are honored to receive this recognition in the DQ Top 20 Industry Report and would like to thank Dataquest for recognizing the value of PLM as a critical vertical enterprise application domain,” said Suman Bose, Managing Director, Siemens PLM Software, India. “This ranking is a testament to the value we provide to Indian enterprises through superior PLM solutions combined with a strong network of sales, support and training partners across the country. We would like to thank all our customers in India for their faith and patronage over the years and look forward to further enhancing the business value we provide to Indian enterprises in the future.”
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel