Annual Event Promotes Innovation Among Automotive Design Community.
Dassault Systemes has announced that it is a sponsor of the 8th annual Design Los Angeles (LA) Conference, which brings together designers and industry professionals to meet and discuss common interests and issues. Focused around the Design Challenge event, this year's competition is centered on designing Hollywood's hottest new car with the winner being announced on November 17 during the Los Angeles Auto Show. Studios from across the world will showcase their talents in automotive design as they contend for this top design honor.
"As the leading provider of engineering design software to the automotive community, supporting an event that encourages competitive creativity syncs perfectly with our goal of enabling innovation by providing solutions that open up the creative process to all stakeholders -- from designers through consumers," said Anne Asensio, VP, Design Experience, Dassault Systemes. "The best ideas don't surface in isolation, but when collaborated upon among diverse players."
As part of its sponsorship, Dassault Systemes will be providing demonstrations of its solutions' capabilities during the Design LA conference. Visitors to room #511A will be able to experience 3DVIA Studio Pro showing a virtual test drive, part of the Dassault Systemes Design Studio ecosystem. Additionally, CATIA Live Rendering presentations will be made illustrating CATIA's interactive, physically correct photorealistic rendering ability, offering a new way to direct styling reviews.
In addition to the Design LA activity, Dassault Systemes is also a sponsor of the Car Design News-General Motors (CDN-GM) interactive car design competition, which is announcing the exterior vehicle design finalists during the LA Auto Show.
For nearly 30 years, the worlds' leading vehicle manufacturers have been relying upon Dassault Systemes' PLM solutions to digitally define and simulate products, as well as the processes and resources required to manufacture, maintain, and recycle them. Today, it is the leading design/engineering/analysis solution provider with the majority of today's vehicles having been designed in CATIA.
Nov 16, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012