CimatronE Now Features Iscar Tool Advisor (ITA), Offering Enhanced Machining Efficiency.
Cimatron Limited (NASDAQ and TASE: CIMT), has announced a partnership with leading cutting tool producer Iscar in offering the Iscar Tool Advisor (ITA) application within the CimatronE CAD/CAM solution.
"This new development offers Cimatron customers the combined benefits of CimatronE's functionality with Iscar's machining expertise," said Ira Bareket, Cimatron's VP Sales and Marketing.
The ITA recommends optimal tools and cutting conditions based on manufacturing information provided by the programmer. This information includes machine power, adaptation, and depth and width of material to be machined. CimatronE customers receive connectivity to the ITA online portal where they can define the relevant manufacturing information and then load into CimatronE the ITA's recommended cutters, holders and cutting conditions. The customer utilizes ITA's recommendations to create optimal NC procedures, resulting in shorter machining time and longer tool life.
"Selecting the appropriate tools and machining conditions for a job is often far from optimal," said Mr. Bareket. "NC programmers typically choose the tools and technologies based on their previous experience. However, there may be other tools and technologies that can offer shorter machining times and longer tool life. The combination of CimatronE NC with ITA offers programmers instant and the most up-to-date information to achieve optimal results for the job at hand."
The CimatronE-ITA innovation was first introduced at the EMO show in Hannover last month and received significant praise from visitors.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation