Cimatron's DieDesign solution to feature at FabTech show in Chicago, November 14-17, 2011.
Cimatron Limited (NASDAQ and TASE: CIMT) will exhibit its integrated CimatronE DieDesign solution at the forthcoming FabTech trade fair, North America's largest metal forming, fabricating, finishing and welding event.
“Producing a high quality die within the required time frame is often easier said than done, particularly given the costs and complexities involved,” said Mr Bill Gibbs, Cimatron’s President North America.
“It is for that reason that Cimatron developed an integrated DieDesign solution predicated on the key factors of speed and accuracy.
“The success of DieDesign in meeting these goals has been overwhelming, with our many customers worldwide lauding the solution’s contribution to their competitiveness in a demanding market.”
CimatronE DieDesign covers the process from quoting through design, machining and wire EDM. Recent enhancements to the Die Design solution offer a far more flexible strip design process. Among the enhancements that simplify the process is the new “insert forming shape” feature, which allows users to insert additional forming shapes (stations) at any point during design, while maintaining complete associativity.
There are also enhancements in die tool design, with faster, more automated trimming punch creation. CimatronE’s trimming punch feature, which allows users to design trimming punches in one click, can now create multiple trimming punches in the same operation. Additionally, the system now supports split matrixes (used to simplify the manufacturing process) and several new types of fasteners.
“Our customers have commented that DieDesign has enhanced their efficiency by 25-30%, significantly reducing the design time involved in complex strips, as well as helping them to win new business by speeding up the quotation process,” said Mr Gibbs.
The FabTech trade show will be held in Chicago from November 14-17, 2011. The Cimatron display and information will be at booth #3137.
Nov 14, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012