Cideas, Inc., a leading Rapid Prototyping, Direct Digital Manufacturing (DDM) and 3D Printing company, today announced the purchase and installation of two (2) Fortus 900mc 3D Production Systems. This purchase solidifies Cideas as the world's largest independently owned FDM service center.
The Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) equipment, purchased from the Fortus Group of Stratasys Inc., comes as a direct response to an increased demand from existing as well as new customers requiring larger 3D printed thermoplastic and end-use parts which offer a high level of accuracy, durability and repeatability.
“In a response to our ever growing and diverse audience, these Fortus 900mc's enable us to expand our target market and offer new exotic plastics such as Ultem 9085, to customers who would normally be limited to CNC machining or injection molding. Now these customers can create more complex and larger 3D printed end-use parts quickly, without the extraordinary expense imposed by other methods,” said Cideas President Mike Littrell. “With our current capacity and ability to provide all legacy materials, this acquisition enables Cideas, unlike any other FDM bureau, to offer every available material by the manufacturer including our own custom blends.”
With a build envelope of 36”x 24”x 36”, the Fortus 900mc offers the industry’s largest build platform. “Although Cideas offers up to seven different material choices on the 900mc, the focus is truly on Ultem 9085. Ultem 9085 and FDM are a perfect match for the automotive, medical and aerospace industries due to its high heat deflection, chemical resistance and FST (flame, smoke and toxicity) rating," stated Littrell.
Cideas can be found at www.buildparts.com and is proudly free of rush charges, pricing minimums and holiday/weekend rates. Cideas also maintains a full service in-house model shop to complement its many available 3D printing services.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers