PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, today announced that BAE Systems, Inc., and BAE Systems, Ltd. Australia, global aerospace and defense companies, have selected PTC's PLM (product lifecycle management) solution as the cornerstone of its engineering product data management strategy.
To build on its strong history of delivering a full range of products and service for air, land and naval forces, BAE Systems is moving away from a number of disparate, disconnected databases and has selected PTC's Windchill® PLM solution as its enterprise standard for product development. Windchill delivers a secure, global platform for access to product data and design to enable collaboration across disparate sites and partners, support effective change and configuration management and improve CAD data management in order to quickly respond to customer requirements.
"BAE Systems selects technology solutions that can help us achieve competitive advantage by providing customers with innovative, high quality solutions that support their mission objectives," said Stewart Farnham, director of Engineering Tools Portfolio Management for BAE Systems, Inc. "PTC's commercial software solution with its off-the-shelf capabilities has enabled us to quickly implement Windchill so we can strengthen that competitive differentiation. PTC understands our business processes and has proven its technical and services capabilities that will continue to be critical for this strategic, long-term partnership."
"BAE Systems is one of the largest defense contractors in the world and has expanded its capabilities both organically and through acquisitions. Large, distributed organizations like BAE Systems realize the critical importance of having a single, integral technology platform for product development to deliver against time-to-market objectives" said Jim Heppelmann, president and CEO, PTC. "Because of this, BAE Systems has standardized on PTC's PLM solution to optimize its product development processes. We look forward to continue helping them realize the value that PTC can bring to their strategic business initiatives."
PTC provides PLM solutions that are designed to meet the requirements of the global aerospace and defense industry. These solutions enable digital automation of product development and program management processes, as well as complete visibility and control over program information for secure, collaborative product development. PTC is an industry leader with 18 of the top 20 aerospace and defense companies as customers.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers