Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) announced several new features to be added to the next release of AutoCAD WS, a free* web and mobile application that enables users to view, edit and share AutoCAD projects across desktop, web and mobile devices. AutoCAD WS users will have access to 3D interactive features, including the ability to work with 3D drawings on mobile devices. In addition, AutoCAD WS will include GPS capabilities, allowing geographic location information to be shared and saved with design projects, as well as new Plot-to-Print capabilities for immediate remote printing to any HP ePrinter, including Designjets. With more than three million downloads to date, AutoCAD WS supports increased collaboration among architects, designers and engineers, as well as non-CAD professionals.
“Our ongoing objective with AutoCAD WS is to foster a collaborative design experience no matter where designers do their work,” said Amy Bunszel, vice president, AutoCAD Products at Autodesk. “With this next version, we are excited to deliver highly requested features that extend the value of the application and improve the design workflow.”
AutoCAD WS can be used virtually anywhere to view, edit, and share drawings among design teams and project stakeholders. The next version expands the functionality of AutoCAD WS with the following:
3D interactive features ― An interactive 3D mode will enable users to view and share 3D drawings with AutoCAD WS using mobile devices.
GPS integration ― Utilizing the GPS capabilities of most mobile devices, users will be able to improve orientation in their drawings, including the ability to share and save comments to geographic locations within the drawing ― all while in the field.
Plot to Print with HP ePrint & Share ― By registering for HP ePrint & Share, a free HP online service, AutoCAD WS users can easily access and print their designs on any web-connected HP Designjet printer directly from AutoCAD WS with full control over plot styles, paper sizes, layouts and more.
“Design professionals are constantly moving between the office, the job site and offices of partners and clients,” said Santiago Morera, vice president and general manager, Large Format Printing, HP. “The new cloud printing functionality of AutoCAD WS made possible through HP ePrint & Share will give users a full solution for documenting and sharing their designs in hardcopy wherever they may be, which is critical to their business.”
*Free products are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license and services agreement that accompanies the software.
Nov 28, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments