Celebrates 3D Computer Graphics Worldwide with Live and Virtual Events.
From December 5 to 8, Autodesk Inc., together with the support of HP, AMD and Xsens, will host 3December 2011, the company’s annual celebration of 3D computer graphics and the artists who create them. The event website will be the virtual home for celebrations, providing 3D artists with the opportunity to actively participate through events streamed live, watch free MasterClasses, view Autodesk tutorials and connect with fellow artists in user group meetings held in cities around the world.
3December Live Celebrations
On December 8, Autodesk will host a live event in Montreal, Quebec from 6 to 8 p.m. EST. The event will feature presentations by key artists in the media and entertainment industry highlighting the use of certain Autodesk tools. Modus FX will explain how scenes from the feature films Source Code and Immortals were created using software in Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suites. Artists from MOTOR VFX will present how Autodesk 3ds Max, together with Autodesk Softimage and Autodesk Flame Premium software, were used to create and finish commercials shot entirely on blue screen. Digital Dimension/Meduzarts will also hold two presentations about a high resolution print campaign that used 3D to promote Elder Skolls Bethesda and how the Mortal Kombat game cinematic was created. During the event, Autodesk will announce the recipients of the peer-nominated Autodesk Masters Award, as well as the first-ever Autodesk Junior Master Award. The live event will be followed by an Electronic Theatre presentation from the Montreal ACM SIGGRAPH Chapter from 8 to 10 p.m. EST. For the complete list of presentations that will be taking place in Montreal, visit area.autodesk.com/3dec. Registration for the event in Montreal is required and can be completed online.
Live 3December celebrations will also take place in Toronto on Dec. 7 and in Tokyo on December 8. For a complete list of local user group meetings celebrating 3December, visit the event page.
Artists are invited to join the virtual celebrations on AREA, the Autodesk online entertainment and visualization community. All presentations and demos from the Montreal event will be livestreamed on AREA TV and will be available on demand. Online content will include free MasterClasses, tutorials, exclusive web features, The Best CG Image of the Year contest and much more.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting