Autodesk, Inc announced that Stacy J. Smith, chief financial officer and senior vice president of Intel Corporation, has been appointed to the Autodesk board of directors. Smith’s term on the board begins immediately.
“We are pleased to add an executive of Stacy’s caliber to the Autodesk board,” said Carl Bass, president and chief executive officer of Autodesk. “His broad industry experience and financial expertise will serve the company and its shareholders well in the coming years.”
Smith joins the board as a replacement for Sean Maloney, who recently resigned from the Autodesk board of directors. Maloney was named chairman of Intel China earlier this year. "We thank Sean for his tenure on the Autodesk board and wish him well in his new role,” continued Bass.
Smith joined Intel in 1988 after completing his MBA at the University of Texas. He began his 23-year Intel career in the Intel finance team, and in 2001 became general manager and vice president of sales and marketing for Europe, Middle East and Africa. In 2004, Smith was appointed chief information officer, vice president finance and enterprise services, and has since served as assistant chief financial officer before being appointed as chief financial officer in 2007. In addition to Autodesk, Smith is also a member of Gevo board of directors. Gevo develops bio-based alternatives to petroleum products using a combination of synthetic biology and chemistry.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program