Transaction Accelerates Strategy to Simplify Creation of Believable Interactive Characters for Video Games.
Autodesk, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADSK) announced that it has acquired certain technology-related assets and hired individuals associated with GRIP Entertainment, a privately-held artificial intelligence (AI) game middleware company, based in Montreal. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
“The acquisition accelerates Autodesk’s strategy to offer a more complete, simplified solution for the creation of believable interactive characters,” said Marc Stevens, Autodesk vice president, Games. “The technology and expertise acquired complement Autodesk’s existing Gameware offerings, including Autodesk Kynapse artificial intelligence middleware. This transaction will enable us to offer game developers a more comprehensive AI solution.”
More information about the acquisition is available on the new Autodesk Gameware website.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012