Transaction Accelerates Strategy to Simplify Creation of Believable Interactive Characters for Video Games.
Autodesk, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADSK) announced that it has acquired certain technology-related assets and hired individuals associated with GRIP Entertainment, a privately-held artificial intelligence (AI) game middleware company, based in Montreal. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
“The acquisition accelerates Autodesk’s strategy to offer a more complete, simplified solution for the creation of believable interactive characters,” said Marc Stevens, Autodesk vice president, Games. “The technology and expertise acquired complement Autodesk’s existing Gameware offerings, including Autodesk Kynapse artificial intelligence middleware. This transaction will enable us to offer game developers a more comprehensive AI solution.”
More information about the acquisition is available on the new Autodesk Gameware website.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel