ACE 2011 Germany Presenters GETRAG, Hakama AG, T-Systems and others Discuss Product Management Challenges and Solutions to Growing Complexity in Product Design and Development.
Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced the success of the Aras Community Event (ACE) 2011 Germany. Hosted by Aras in Bad Soden, Germany, ACE 2011 drew customers, partners, and PLM experts and enthusiasts throughout the German-speaking region of Europe to discuss ideas and innovations around systems engineering and the application of product lifecycle management in diverse industries.
Get More Information and Download Presentations from
ACE 2011 Germany at http://aras.com/plm/001364
Peter Schroer, President of Aras, set the tone for the conference reporting on the increasing importance of systems engineering as product development becomes more complex and the demands on PLM software increase. Aras’s ability to manage the complete product configuration, including mechanical, electrical, software, firmware, packaging and other product-related information, has been embraced by automotive, aerospace, high-tech and numerous other industries. Professor Martin Eigner from the Technical University of Kaiserslautern underscored this trend with a discussion on the dominance of software and electronics in manufacturing and the need for an interdisciplinary approach to product design using PLM.
GETRAG Ford Transmissions, a leading global automotive supplier, presented on the use of Aras for application lifecycle management (AML) in software development, budget planning and quality assurance incorporating 8D and CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action). Hakama AG, a Swiss supplier of specialized sheet metal solutions, who selected Aras for its flexible architecture and ease of expansion across the enterprise, presented on the integration of Aras with ERP, as well as CAD file management, document management and engineering time sheet management.
Sessions also included solution presentations from Aras partners DataSquare, Dr. Maier CSS, Calypso, PLM-TEAM, T-Systems, USB and xPLM, as well as and a first look at the newly expanded Aras Community Project Site.
Nov 6, 2011
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel